Monday, July 16, 2012

Wood Hollow Quilts Delivered!

We've made our first delivery of quilts!  I'm so excited!!!  =D  The Wood Hollow fire victims, near Fairview, Utah, now have their quilts!  There was a local group of women who wanted to make quilts for this fire because it was their neighbors that were affected by it, so all they needed from us were three quilts!!!  What AWESOME women they are!!!  They worked so fast!!!  =D  I'm sure the recipients of these quilts will feel much comfort from this sweet gift of a quilt made with love!!!

As you can see, we've added a "Donate" button to our blog so you can donate directly to Phoenix Quilts through PayPal!  This should make things much easier for everyone wanting to donate!  Any amount you are willing to donate will certainly help us with reaching our goals!!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU'RE DOING!!!  =D

We have also set up an account at Wells Fargo Bank under the name "Phoenix Quilts."  You can go into any Wells Fargo branch across the country to make a donation into the "Phoenix Quilts" account.  Again, thank you for your support for these people who have lost a home to these terrible wildfires! 

FYI:  Any money donated to Phoenix Quilts will NOT be going directly to the people who have lost their homes.  It will be used to buy quilt supplies (mostly batting and backs for quilts) and other expenses in making and distributing these quilts.

Our next group of quilts will be going to help those affected by the Charlotte fire near Pocatello, ID.  We'll be going there August 8th and 9th.  Then it's on to Colorado the following week!!!  We, obviously, need a LOT more quilts to be able to deliver to those locations by then!!!  I have had MANY people ask what size quilts we need most - we will still accept anything you are willing to donate, but we really need lap-sized quilts to be able to give one to each family! 

Oh how grateful we are for your generosity!  I wish I could personally give each one of you a hug!  Please continue helping us spread the word!  And keep on quiltin'!!!  Things are getting so EXCITING around here!!!  =D

Hugs!!!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I'm so happy to hear the good news that you have been able to start some distribution. You and your team are doing wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to hear that you have made your first delivery of quilts. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news on your first delivery! Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome news! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your hubby are doing such a wonderful thing there, and it must be such a good feeling to know there are so many people willing to do their bit to help you achieve your goals. I have made three quilt tops since I first contacted you, but I have become involved with three different charity quilt groups now, so I'm having to share my quilts around! I'll be posting my first one to you next week.
    Hugs to all - especially those in Colorado who have been affected by the terrible shooting in the theater. Such a shocking tragedy..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've lost your contact info. Please send again, and I'll get some blocks in the mail to you next week. What a great thing you're doing, and I'm happy to help in my small way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message!