Sunday, August 19, 2012

Help Wanted - Inquire Within

Well the time has come . . . I need some help!

Those of you who have been following Phoenix Quilts from the beginning know how quickly things have grown in the past month and a half.  What started as wanting to give one quilt to some friends who lost their home to the Wood Hollow wildfire near our home, grew to a desire to give a quilt to the 52 families that lost a home in that fire.  Because of your generosity, we decided to help every family in the Western United States who has lost a home to a wildfire this summer.  Today we are at 897 homes that have been destroyed.

As you can imagine, this has turned into a very large, time-consuming project.  It's a project that I LOVE, but now I need help with it.  Here's what I'm thinking . . .

I would like to have one person per state monitor and research the fires in each state in the Western United States.  That person would inform me through e-mails about the status of the fire(s) in their state.  That will help me keep our lists up-to-date of the homes that have been lost to a wildfire.

The way I research a fire is by clicking on the map of the United States on the right sidebar to see where new fires are.  I then go to the two websites listed on the sidebar under the map and look at the information for the different fires in each state.  Sometimes those sites don't tell me how many homes have been burned so, if needed, I then go to the local news or newspaper websites. 

If you are interested in helping me with this, please send me an e-mail (julie@cut.net), not a comment on this post.  If I happen to get more than one offer of help per state then I will use the first person that e-mails me and put the second person on a back-up list.  You can click on the Volunteers tab above to see who the volunteer is for each state.

Thank you so much for your willingness to help!  In my wildest dreams I never thought Phoenix Quilts would need to help so many families and that so many people would step up to help fulfill those needs!  Thank you so, so much!  =D

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message!